Having developed an ambitious strategic plan for the next 5 years, this Co. Louth based Alternative Lender is recruiting for a CFO for their Dundalk based HQ.
The Chief Financial Officer (CFO) position will assume a strategic role in the overall control, direction and oversight of the organisation and will be accountable to the CEO for the governance, financial, business intelligence, internal control, ICT, Compliance and risk management functions and environment.
This role is well suited to a qualified accountant with at least 10 years’ experience working in a similar role.
- Direct, oversee and control the following functions in line with regulatory obligations, established policies, systems of internal controls and strategies of the Institution:
- Lead in a visionary manner and motivate those managers heading up the various teams within your control and in turn their team members
- Monitor and direct the implementation of strategic business plans
- Develop performance measures that support the company’s strategic direction
- Maintain responsibility for the preparation and monitoring of accurate monthly management accounts and related board and committee reporting, to meet statutory obligations, as well as wider standards of best practice in management reporting to include dynamic and iterative KPI measurement.
- Oversee the institution’s transaction processing systems
- Ensure the preparation of year end statutory accounts for the external audit function.
- Overall control, direction and oversight over the risk & compliance functions to ensure both functions are compliant and aligned to industry best practice
- Responsible for a risk management framework that is structured, systematic and timely.
- Oversee the management and co-ordination of the ICT environment of the Institution
- A qualified accountant with 10 years + experience in a relevant role
- Ability to drive the required financial, compliance, risk & ICT standards outcomes across the institution
- Experience of or a deep appreciation of the culture of the alternative lending sector
- Demonstrated leadership and vision in managing staff, projects or initiatives.
Salary: An attractive salary on offer commensurate with experience.
How to apply
Simply contact Paul McClatchie on +353 1 6994530 for more information about this position. You can also apply below with your CV.
About Engage People
Engage People is a specialist recruitment firm in Dublin, Ireland that connects clients and candidates in the Accountancy & Financial and Banking & International Financial Services sectors.