- Commercial Broker (Professional Indemnity)...
A leading global Insurance intermediary is quickly expanding its Dublin office. With the global turnover in excess of €1 billion Dublin has been identified for significant growth which will present opportunities for internal progression within the business.
To develop, manage, preserve, and enhance the relationship with and the service provided to clients. To ensure overall core servicing standards are maintained. Contribute towards expanded client service revenue goals, including assisting in the acquisition of new business when required.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Identify a client’s risk management objectives.
- Agree and implement a client service plan and annual timetable of visits appropriate to the size and complexity of the client, to build commitment, develop relationships and review our performance.
- Implement, monitor and control the renewal procedure.
- Advise upon changes in perceived risk exposures.
- Co-ordinate the use of other specialist teams where required.
- Assist clients in the event of major claims and ensure overall claims service provided is to the agreed standards.
- Ensure that clients understand the cash collection terms and monitor and resolve debtor queries in a timely manner to ensure prompt payment of premiums and fees.
- Review with appropriate associates at the earliest opportunity, any case under attack or where perceived vulnerable or where there are concerns about the relationship and implement, monitor and oversee.
- Maintain renewal income to at least budgeted levels and in line with set and agreed on personal objectives.
- Identify and progress new business leads.
- Provision of management information.
- Ability to manage and co-ordinate global insurance programmes and liaise with our partner network worldwide or local service providers, if applicable.
- Willingness and ability to continue to develop knowledge through formal and informal learning, both internal and external to the company.
- Knowledge of the resources available within and how to source such services.
- An understanding of the relevant classes of business.
- Ability to identify opportunities for business development.
- An understanding of cash collection processes including but not limited to general insurance accounting and client invoicing.
- An understanding of the general, legal principles of insurance.
- An Understanding of insurer rating methods for each class of insurance.
- An understanding of risk management concepts and when these are useful to clients.
- Ability to broke and service the insurance needs of clients.
- Ability to prepare a broking presentation that accurately reflects the cover required and meets the clients’ demands and needs.
- Ability to prepare and interpret claims experiences and analysis including claims triangulations and the impact of deductibles and cover variations.
- Experience in marketing and servicing the insurance needs of clients.
- Ability to consult clients on other services and insurance needs.
- Fully understands the concept, issues, and overall impact of market pricing.
- Knowledge of how to implement and manage global insurance programmes, working with a network of offices, to ensure seamless service delivery.
- Personal presence to interface with management of other businesses, insurers and other third-party providers, representing in the highest professional manner.
- Understanding of a client’s business issues, insurance needs and expectations.
- Ability to communicate effectively and professionally both verbally and in writing with clients, insurers and other associates.
- Ability to manage time, prioritise and ensure that deadlines are met without compromising quality.
- Ability build and maintain good business relationships with clients, insurers and associates.
- Demonstrate an understanding of when to proceed alone and when to involve the appropriate associates.
- Presentation skills in both preparation and execution.
- Professional and tactful negotiation and persuasion skills to achieve objectives.
- Demonstrated ability to instil confidence with clients so that the client looks to you and as more than just an insurance broker, but as a partner in business.
- Proven problem-solving skills, including the ability to resolve unusual and complex issues and then devise actionable solutions.
- An understanding of regulatory controls and procedures relating to both commercial and retail customers, if applicable.
- An understanding of and adherence to standards and procedures.
- Knowledge of the computer desktop software provided.
- Knowledge of Microsoft products (Word, Excel, Outlook) or similar software applications.
- Effective delegation as appropriate.
CIP Insurance Broking