- Junior Commercial Underwriter –...
Purpose of the Job:
As a Junior Underwriter in the Commercial Underwriting team, you will get cross-product exposure to commercial business.
At the same time, you will provide excellent service to external and internal customers and develop/utilize expertise to ensure we grow our account profitably.
Key Responsibilities | Duties:
- Underwriting business in accordance with agreed standards and limits to deliver planned financial results.
- Support new and ongoing projects within the Underwriting Function.
- Execute and adhere to underwriting discipline through ongoing monitoring of selection criteria, rating strength, and use of variable pricing tools.
- Improving the quality of Underwriting Portfolio/Business mix through effective underwriting within risk appetite.
- Manage referrals & queries for cases within underwriting license and in adherence to guidelines.
- Work collaboratively with other members of the team and with colleagues in other parts of organization to provide excellence in service standards to our customers.
- Completing all tasks in line with department procedures including those for renewal management, complaints and error management, SLAs, CPC timelines, and agreed PBO’s
- Support and encourage a high-performance culture within the team and broader business through participation in training and internal Quality Assurance activities.
- Any other duties/responsibilities as may be reasonably assigned in line with company requirements.
Key Skills and Competencies:
- Minimum 1 years experience as an Insurance Underwriter
- Proven track record of high-performance standards
- Ambitious and energetic in approach to work and a positive outlook.
- Achieved a professional insurance qualification qualified to a minimum level of Certified Insurance Practitioner (APA or CIP).
APA CIP Underwriting