- Personal Lines Underwriter –...
Personal Lines Underwriter
We are interested in hearing from people looking to further develop their career with one of Ireland’s leading Insurance Underwriting Agency’s based in the south east.
The role we currently have available involves:
- Actively identify opportunities within their Broker distribution network and contribute to the build of the Personal Lines portfolio with a focus on New Business, Risk Referral and Renewal Retention.
- Ensure all activities are in line with the CPC and internal Compliance guidance
- Ensure all information is documented accurately and in line with procedures on the Company’s systems
- Support a “can do culture” where our priorities are driven by the customer
- To be flexible to the needs of the company in prioritising workflow appropriately and effectively.
- Work closely with other teams to identify and implement corrective measures required to enhance the profitability of our products as directed
- Adhere to all operational metrics required to deliver relevant business unit strategy
- Review, analyse and approve quotations referred to the company within assigned authority level.
- Work as part of a team of Underwriters to ensure that the team are maintaining a new business strike rate and renewal retention level on existing business
- Responsible for assessing non-standard risks and referring to Senior Management as necessary. Specifying conditions to be imposed on different types of policies
- Underwrite a wide range of Product propositions and assist in the management of the portfolio in line with agreed service standards, KPI’s and within authority level.
- Actively identify opportunities within our Broker distribution network and contribute to the build (or development) of the Product portfolio with a focus on New Business, Risk Referral and Renewal Retention.
- Utilise the underwriting framework to deliver and satisfy on all our customer’s needs.
- Assist the Sales team with any promotional related material and events and actively promote their products
- Maintain and develop internal and external customer relations, develop effective relationships with brokers through regular contact including site visits
- Support Senior colleagues on analysis where required
- Support quality programme through peer-to-peer audits as required and support changes from quality outputs
- Generation of any relevant reports for management review
- Support the Change & Quality team in the delivery of their initiatives
- Adhere to all Company policies & procedures
The candidate requirements are:
- Leaving Certificate or third level qualification
- APA qualified, grandfathered with willingness and aptitude to progress towards CIP ideally
- 2+ years’ experience in the Insurance Industry ideally with underwriting experience an advantage
Knowledge & Skills:
- Industry knowledge would be beneficial
- Good technical knowledge of Personal Lines products generally required
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills
- Extremely well organised with excellent time management skills
- Flair for sales with excellent negotiation skills
Rewards and Benefits
Our client provides an exciting, dynamic, and challenging platform for all their staff. Their excellent benefits package includes:
- Performance Related Bonus Schemes
- Subsidised Education Schemes
- Staff Rewards Scheme
- Great Staff Social Events
- Access to Tax Saver Travel & Bike to Work Scheme